13 março 2005

A little bit of Shakespeare...

- "I'll look to like, if looking liking move:
But no more deep will I endart mine eye
Than your consent gives strength to make it fly."

- "Go, girl, seek happy nights to happy days"

- "Is love a tender thing? it is too rough,
Too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn."

- "If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down."

"Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.
- If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
- Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.
- Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?
- Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.
- O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.
- Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.
- Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take.
Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.
- Then have my lips the sin that they have took.
- Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again.
- You kiss by the book."

- "Sweet, so would I:
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! parting is such
sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow."

bits and pieces from Romeo and Juliet - couple of the verses that I love to read!!!

Nenhum comentário:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...