04 janeiro 2008

a little piece of my past

About 12 years ago, I lost someone pretty special to me. And that trigger my depression more and more each day.

Untill this particular afternoon, I was with couple of friends and we ended up at Round Table, just by Geary st. and Arguello Blvd, near where I used to swim everyday after school. Right then Jeff gave me his pager#, somehow he knew I wasn't feeling 100% and wanted to make sure I was okay.

So later that day I ended up talking to him on the phone... for about 16hours, we didn't hang up, we just talked and talked. He didn't know then and I guess he still doesn't know that I was about to take my own life. I just didn't want to live anymore... but he called, he cared, he kept me company until it was time for us to go to school.

Never did give the right thanks that I wanted to. Never did keep in touch. Never did we have more than that 16hrs. The radio was on that night and played a song...



Selena had just got murder, and they were playing this song non stop. And everytime I hear it, I cry and think of that night. I still think of you. Not the same way, but somehow this song reminds me that someone cared. So I got to keep on going.

Thanks Jeff for being there.

I dedicade the other song from Selena to you

Nenhum comentário:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...